1. INTRODUCTION–Heather Love
2. BLOOD UNDER THE BRIDGE: REFLECTIONS ON "THINKING SEX"–Gayle Rubin
The GLQ Archive
3. DIARY OF A CONFERENCE ON SEXUALITY, 1982
4. THE TIME HAS COME TO THINK ABOUT GAYLE RUBIN–Susan Stryker
5. THINKING SEX ETHNOGRAPHICALLY–Steven Epstein
6. THE "BEACHED WHALE"–Sharon P. Holland
7. THINKING SEX WITH AN ANDROGYNE–Joanne Meyerowitz
8. DISABLING SEX: Notes for a Crip Theory of Sexuality–Robert McRuer
9. RE: THINKING SEX FROM THE GLOBAL SOUTH AFRICA–Neville Hoad
10. SEXUAL HEALING–Lisa Henderson
11. THINKING TRAFFICKING, THINKING SEX–Carole S. Vance
12. LOVE AND ANGER: Scenes from a Passionate Career–Lisa Duggan
13. QUEER STUDIES IN QUEER TIMES: Conference Review of "Rethinking Sex," University of Pennsylvania, March 4–6, 2009–Regina Kunzel
Moving Image Review
14. QUEER MEDIA LOCI–
Alexandra Juhasz and Ming-Yuen S. Ma
15. QUEER MEDIA LOCI IN BANGKOK: Paradise Lost and Found in Translation–Dredge Byung'chu Käng
16. QUEERING THE BLACK ATLANTIC, QUEERING THE BROWN ATLANTIC–David L. Eng
Pedagogies of Crossing: Meditations on Feminism, Sexual Politics, Memory, and the Sacred M. Jacqui Alexander Durham: Duke University Press, 2005. 410 pp.
Impossible Desires: Queer Diasporas and South Asian Public Cultures Gayatri Gopinath Durham: Duke University Press, 2005. 247 pp.
Books in Brief
17. ONE NATION UNDER GAY–Greg Youmans
Gay Rights and Moral Panic: The Origins of America's Debate on Homosexuality Fred Fejes New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2008. x + 280 pp.
Greg Youmans is a lecturer in the film and digital media department at the University of California, Santa Cruz.
18. (UN)LIMITED INTIMACY–Douglas Dowland
Unlimited Intimacy: Reflections on the Subculture of Barebacking Tim Dean Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 2009. 237 pp.
Douglas Dowland is a visiting assistant professor of English at Ohio Northern University.
19. INTERSEX IN AMERICA: A CULTURAL HISTORY OF UNCERTAINTY–Jana Funke
Bodies in Doubt: An American History of Intersex Elizabeth Reis Baltimore: John Hopkins University Press, 2009. xvii + 216 pp.
Jana Funke is an associate research fellow in the Centre for Medical History at the University of Exeter.
20. UNCLOSETING THE SOUTH–Lisa Hinrichsen
Sweet Tea: Black Gay Men of the South E. Patrick Johnson Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina Press, 2008. 565 pp.
Lisa Hinrichsen is assistant professor of English at the University of Arkansas.
21. BACKWARD STANCES–Colin Carman
Anachronism and Its Others: Sexuality, Race, Temporality Valerie Rohy Albany: State University of New York Press, 2009. xvi + 178 pp.
Colin Carman teaches English at Colorado Mountain College and has published extensively in the Gay and Lesbian Review.
22. About the Contributors Back